you wish to see in the world... -gandhi

29 October 2006

Bhubezi CHC Launch

Celebrating the occasion with tribal dancers.


Ben Magara (CEO of Anglo Coal), Richard Branson,
Dr. Hugo Tempelman (founder of the Ndlovu Medical Centre),
Eric Bost (US Ambassador to ZA) & a local government official
celebrate with champagne atop the roof of the Bhubezi CHC.


So sorry for my neglect in posting blogs the last couple of weeks. I don't want to offer excuses, but I do have a valid reason: I was busy planning the launch of the Bhubezi Community Healthcare Centre that occured on Friday, 27 October.

It was a tremendous success attended by Richard Branson; Hugo & Liesje Tempelman, founders of the original Ndlovu Clinic; Eric Bost, the US Ambassador to ZA; corporate & private benefactors and ZA government officials.

The day started out with rain, but by the time the ceremony began it had let up. The skies were cloudy and the temperature cool, but it was a welcome relief with the approach of the African summer. The energy was high amongst the guests and operationally very mellow.

The festivities have carried on throughout the weekend at Ulusaba Private Game Reserve, where it is said the real work will get done: securing more funds for additional clinics throughout ZA and Southern Africa. It is anticipated that at least 10 more clinics will go up in the next few years. I am really in the midst of monumental events on the healthcare front.

I have been offered a position as manager of the Bhubezi Community Healthcare Centre. I haven't accepted as of yet; I am still absorbing life, activities and opportunities available to me in ZA, but expect to make a decision within the next month.

I will be back to working in the communities this week and will again start with regular postings.

Much love---

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home